Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Crazy Bag Lady

I know everybody's heard about Thirty-One bags.  Well, like everyone else, I LOVE(d) them!  However, I never bought any because a.) they were overpriced (I thought) and b.) they charged an ARM and a LEG to personalize! Last week I was at McLeod and I noticed a co-worker of mine walking around with this ADORABLE bag and I asked her where she got it.  She started telling me about a company called Initials-Inc. I immediately interested in buying something because it was cute, reasonable, and monogramming was F-R-E-E! Which, to me, is the way it should be if I'm going to spend that much money on a bag!
Allison's adorable bag. 


I've sold Mary Kay before and that was a nightmare and I've heard horror stories from people who sell Thirty-one.  So, at first, I was in no way interested in selling Initials-Inc. However, the more I looked into it the better it seemed.  It's $100 to join, which gives you an 11-piece starter kit of things I already wanted to buy and would've cost over $300 if I had.  When I found that out (and that there weren't any hidden costs to get the kit) I decided it would be worth it to do at least that and have 11 new personalized things =)

11-piece Starter Kit: $100

Now that I've joined, it seems better than I even imagined. There's no pressure to sell a certain amount, it's totally at your leisure.  It's not a huge race to recruit all your friends or blow up people's Facebooks.  It's, very simply, whatever you make it.  There are women that bust it, do a million parties a month, and sell enough to support their families.  There are women who sell enough to supplement there income in order to be stay-at-home mommies.  There are also women who just help provide their friends and families with cute, affordable bags, accessories, and gifts.  That's what I love about it.  I can do whatever I want with this.  

That being said, I think I've finally decided how I want to use this business.  As many of you know, being a newlywed is rough (on the money front).  But being a fresh graduate AND a newlywed is even worse! Paul and I do fine but we can definitely use a little extra income.  So I've decided that I'm in it for more than just the awesome starter kit but I'm also not going to stalk people down and hold them hostage for parties and purchases.  I'm just going to put the information out there and if you're interested, that's amazing.  I'm going to set a very low goal for monthly sales and if I meet it great, if I surpass it FABULOUS! It can't hurt to have some extra spending money.  

So this is my story about joining the Initials-Inc. team.  Many of you won't care or be interested.  Some of you will.  If you're interested in anything (totes, coolers, purses, baby gifts, organizers, etc.) let me know and I'll hook you up!  Also, some of you may be interested in it for yourselves.  I have a very diverse friend base of stay-at-home mommies, new mommies who work but may need a little extra cash, bag-a-holics, expectant mommies, recent grads, current students (who always need money), and people that have, sadly, lost their jobs to the economy.  Whoever you are and whatever your needs, if you're interested, please let me know.  I'd love to help you get started and share this opportunity.

My website is www.myinitials-inc.com/carolineclayton and you can read all about the company and view the catalog here.  
My facebook page is Caroline Clayton: Independent Creative Partner ~ Initials, Inc. .  Check this out for updates =)

Here are a few of my favorite pages from the catalog.  I'm going to try so hard not to buy them and SAVE! 

I want those SHOES!!! Unfortunately, they aren't Initials-Inc. =(


You'll understand this if you know about my office supply obsession

How cool are those magnetic refrigerater folders.  Amazing!

For those precious babies! 

Anyone going to the Carolina Cup? You can get a coordinating sash for your hat too =)


Side note: When I make my first little bit of profit, I'm spending it on this beauty.  I loved it in the magazine when I first saw it but then I saw it in person on Friday and fell even harder for it! 
Shhh....don't tell the hubs ;) 


 ADORABLE faux croc set...can't decide if I want green or red. Hmmm....



As always, thank you so much for following my posts.  It means the world to me.  Love you all! 

3 comments:

Olivia Hyatt said...

Ahh, I love this line of products! Good luck selling and keep us posted on how it goes, I know the feeling of being newly graduated/married so I hope this works out for you! :)

Caroline said...

Thanks so much girl! I LOVE this stuff! Like my page on Facebook and let me know if you want/"need" anything =)

Unknown said...

Let me ask your a question... I'm thinking about selling Initials, Inc but I want to ask someone who has ordered and not been extremely focused on selling it. Which products do you get when you order your sales kit? Do you get to choose fabrics and personalization? Do you have any required quota to sell?

I've never sold anything and I'm not very much the selling type, but it seems like a nice deal to get the stuff and have the option of selling to people.

Thanks so much!

Post a Comment